Friday, August 3, 2007

Tourists Don't Know Where They've Been




And Travelers don't know where they're going.
If you had a choice to go anywhere; where would it be?
If someone or something came down (or up) out of nowhere and granted you the freedom to launch off to a place you've never been, where would you chose?
I dunno either. Brasil comes to mind first (for obvious reasons). I'd also like to take in Scandanavia. Especially now while it's 100degrees here in NY. I hear it never gets above 76 in Copenhagen, and that sounds like Heaven right about now.
With all the options the world presents it would be impossible to pinpoint where exactly the ideal adventure would be. If you developed the inner thirst to wander the earth, would that put you that much closer to God? My God has told me more than once she'd prefer I ventured into myself to find the answers to the questions I frequently ask. I try all the time, but always seem to come up remarkably short. Where there is clarity and feeling would be my ideal destination. Is that a place that can be reached by plane?
My role over the years has changed dramatically. The floundering (bouncing on the dry dock desperately seeking life/water/oxygen) has numbed my ordinarily good senses and dignity.
It begs the simple question; should I hit the road?







4 comments:

nokdeez said...

oooh good post.
for me that place wuz/is Prague - the magik of life has never been more palpable for me than summer solstice a couple of years ago. the wandering cyclical nature of our spirit seems to want to connect on higher level, and after we spend time going in - the polarity of existence pushes us out.

does clarity and feeling come from a physical location? does the sacrifice that comes with traveling offer that? blessed be the journey....

Eve said...

Forced interaction with others and new surroundings definitely have a humbling effect that tends to resolve back-of-the mind existential issues. Better than Sartre at least.
I say go for it, haven't heard/had many/any bad experiences.

MaliceInWonderland said...

I believe when you hit the road and go on your own path you are at the same time forced to look inward for answers. Like the answer to the question you are asking. I think you already know what it is. Get going.

Anonymous said...

COM’ ere, *SLAP* feel better now?
There is NO one higher You are the highest. Make yourself happy, live life the way you want. NO one person, place, or thing, can bring you the inner comfort you are seeking, only you can do that.
Go! Seek what makes you happy seek what satisfies you.
Be aware though of all that is happening moment by clichéd moment, so that your journey at the very least will have been interesting and eventful with little pockets of Joy and Tragedy intertwined.
Some feel those moments satisfy the thirst, others will always wonder what they are missing.
It is so very hard to know both sides...